Leading open source CMS for Content Management, Document Management and Knowledge Management. Get your intranet, portal, web site or community site up and running in minutes!
- Plone is powerful and flexible.
It is ideal as an intranet and extranet server, as a document publishing system, a portal server and as a groupware tool for collaboration between separately located entities.
- Plone is easy to use.
- The Plone Team includes usability experts who have made Plone easy and attractive for content managers to add, update, and maintain content.
- Plone is easy to install.
- You can install Plone with a click-and-run installer, and have a content management system running on your computer in just a few minutes.
- Plone is international.
- The Plone interface has been translated into over 40 languages, and tools exist for managing multilingual content.
- Plone is standard.
- Plone carefully follows standards for usability and accessibility. Plone pages are compliant with US Section 508, and the W3C’s AA rating for accessibility, in addition to using best-practice web standards like XHTML and CSS.
- Plone is Open Source.
- Plone is licensed under the GNU General Public License, the same license Linux uses. This gives you the right to use Plone without a license fee, and to improve upon the product.
- Plone is supported.
- There are over three hundred developers in the Plone Development Team around the world, and a multitude of companies specializing in Plone development and support.
- Plone is extensible.
- There are many add-on products for Plone that add new features and content types. In addition, Plone can be scripted using web standard solutions and Open Source languages.
- Plone is technology neutral.
- Plone can interoperate with most relational database systems, open source and commercial, and runs on a vast array of platforms, including Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris and BSD.
- Plone is protected.
- The nonprofit Plone Foundation was formed in 2004 to promote the use of Plone around the world and protect the Plone IP and trademarks.