Call Profiler monitors the chain of DTML, ZSQL, ZPT, Python method and Python Script
To monitor the chain of DTML, ZSQL, ZPT, PythonMethod, PythonScript, … calls in a Zope request and gather timing information, for the purpose of identifying hot-spots for potential optimisation.
Once the product is installed in your Products directory and Zope has been restarted, visit the Call Profiler link in your Control Panel.
In the configuration tab, check the types of documents you wish to obtain the timing information for. You may also clear any previously gathered timing information using the “clear” buttons.
Once you have selected the documents to monitor and have clicked “Monitor selected calls”, load up the pages you wish to profile. Once they’re loaded (or even as they’re loading :) you should visit the results tab. There you will find a list of the requests made by browsers with some timing information:
- clicking the url will load the page requested
- clicking on the time of the request will bring up a blow-by-blow breakdown of the documents called to form the request.
You may also see the requests aggregated by URL on the “Requests By URL” tab - giving the minimum, average and maximum times for the responses. You may:
- click the url to load the page requested
- click the session times to see the detailed breakdown of the request
The detailed view is set to highlight calls that broach 3% (yellow), 5% (orange) and 10% (red) of the total request time.
If a given document call has sub-calls:
- the ‘…’ times indicate the time spent in the call (between sub-calls)
- the (end) time gives two timings:
- the first is the time spent in the call not including sub-calls
- the second time is the total time of the call including sub-calls
All profiling information is lost when either:
- Zope is restarted, or
- the Call Profiler product’s code is re-loaded.
Also, don’t leave the profiler on for too long - it uses a boundless memory-based store for the timing values. It will use up all your memory eventually (though we haven’t done any testing to determine how long that might be).
Copyright (c) ekit.com Inc (http://www.ekit-inc.com/)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
This product includes software developed by Digital Creations for use in the Z Object Publishing Environment (http://www.zope.org/). (specifically, we use the control panel installation code from LeakFinder in the __init__.py module)
- Note: place names and roles of the people who contribute to this package
- in this file, one to a line, like so:
- Joe Schmoe, Original Author
- Bob Slob, contributed monkey patches
- Jane Main, wrote flibberty module
- really fix initialize on Zope2.13. Note: it only happens with released package [toutpt]
- Fix initialize on Zope2.13, use bobo_application instead of context._ProductContext__app [toutpt]
- Package created using zopeskel with the 1.4-fixed release from plone.org [toutpt]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|Products.CallProfiler-1.5.2.tar.gz (26.1 kB) View hashes||Source||None|
Hashes for Products.CallProfiler-1.5.2.tar.gz