Submissions for programming assignments with immediate feedback from ECSpooler.
ECAutoAssessmentBox is a Plone product derived from ECAssignmentBox and provides special support for automatic evaluation of student submissions, e.g., programming assignments.
Basically ECAutoAssessmentBox works like ECAssignmentBox. Automatic assessment of programs is handled by ECSpooler (available separately) which manages a submission queue and several backends. When a student submits a program, it is routed to the backend specified by the teacher for this assignment. The results of the tests performed by the backend are immediately returned and displayed.
See the Installing an Add-on Product tutorial for more detailed product installation instructions.
Installing with buildout
If you are using buildout to manage your instance installing ECAutoAssessmentBox is very simple. You can install it by adding it to the eggs line for your instance:
[instance] eggs = ... Products.ECAutoAssessmentBox
After updating the configuration you need to run bin/buildout, which will take care of updating your system.
Then restart your zope instance and use the Add/Remove products page in Site Setup to install ECAutoAssessmentBox.
Installing without buildout
Move (or symlink) the ECAutoAssessmentBox folder of this project (Products.ECAutoAssessmentBox/Products/ECAutoAssessmentBox) into the Products directory of the Zope instance it has to be installed for, and restart the server. Use the Add/Remove products page in Site Setup to install ECAutoAssessmentBox.
For questions and discussions about ECAutoAssessmentBox, please join the eduComponents mailing list.
# Changes in release 1.4.2 (2011-10-07)
- The new field Instant Feedback for AutoAssessmentBoxes allows teachers to decide whether or not the automatic feedback from ECSpooler/backends will be shown to students.
- A lot of minor bugfixes regarding the new release of ECSpooler (1.2).
# Changes in release 1.4.1 (2011-08-14)
- Fixed issue: ImportError: No module named schema.vocabulary
# Changes in release 1.4 (2011-08-10)
- Added compatibility for Plone 4. Plone 3.x support has been dropped. Plone 3 users should use ECAutoAssessmentBox 1.1.
- KSS is used to display input fields for a selected backend without loading the whole edit page again.
# Changes in release 1.1 (2009-10-09)
- ECAutoAssessmentBox was completly re-implemented with support for Plone 3.
- ECAutoAssessmentBox is now eggified and uploaded to PyPI. An old-style tarball distribution is still available at plone.org.
# Changes in release 1.0 (2007-04-16)
- Added check box “Automatically accept assignments” to ECAutoAssessmentBox to automatically move an assignment in state “accepted” if it successfully passed all tests. (Makes sense for backens which return true or false only.)
- Settings for ECSpooler and appropriated backends are now stored as portal properties. Therefore it is no longer necessary to set up spooler and backends after re-install.
- Indicators are now differ depending on the backends result type, i.e., for backends returning True or False an icon will be displayed, otherwise the plain result value (e.g., percentage or score.)
- Performance improvements: We are now using portal_catalog where possible.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.ECAutoAssessmentBox-1.4.2.tar.gz (57.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.ECAutoAssessmentBox-1.4.2.tar.gz