Memcache cache manager for Zope
MemcachedManager is a cache similar to RAMCacheManager, using memcached for storage.
This needs to be set up on a server Zope can connect to. You provide the IP address in the MemcachedManager settings screen.
Install this in site packages (the regular “setup.py install” or easy_install) to enable python to talk to memcached. A note of caution: while pylibmc is faster it has seen less testing.
If you need pylibmc 1.1.1 for Python 2.4, you can use http://dist.jarn.com/public/pylibmc-1.1.1jarn1.tar.gz
Install this in site packages (the regular setup.py install) to enable python to talk to memcached.
Thanks to Mike Solomon <firstname.lastname@example.org> for key validation
1.1b2 - 2010-10-19
- Use aq_get instead of getattr for getting acquired REQUEST. Thanks to Vincent Fretin for pointing it out. [tesdal]
1.1b1 - 2010-10-10
- Fixed a bug with an assumption that object always has REQUEST available. [tesdal]
- Enable pylibmc compression [tesdal]
- Improve pylibmc support by handling MemcachedError. [tesdal]
1.0rc2 - March 25, 2009
- Remove cmemcache support Add pylibmc support Optimized cache lookup code [tesdal]
1.0rc1 - Janunary 13, 2009
- Get rid of the entry list. For invalidation we bump a counter instead. [tesdal]
- Use pickle protocol 2. [tesdal]
1.0b2 - August 25, 2008
- Mirror invalidation support [tesdal]
1.0b1 - June 5, 2008
- Repackage MemcachedManager as an egg. [wichert]
- Remove old style test setup and update it to current conventions. [wichert]