Plone.org site policy package.
This is the plone.org site package and corresponding buildout. It is used to power http://plone.org. It is also a great buildut for working on developing Plone.org centric products such as PloneSoftwareCenter, PloneHelpCenter, and PloneServicesCenter.
- Code repository: http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/Products.PloneOrg
- Questions and comments to email@example.com
- Report bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org
The current supported version of Plone is: 4.1.x.
The default buildout setup is for setting up a production environment, including Plone and nginx running under supervisor. (This won’t be functional without extra work, as other parts of the plone.org stack such as the load balancer are not currently in the buildout.) Run buildout as normal:
$ python2.6 bootstrap.py $ bin/buildout $ sudo bin/supervisord
To build plone.org for development, comment out the line in buildout.cfg that says ‘conf/production.cfg’ and uncomment ‘conf/develop.cfg’. Then proceed as normal:
$ python2.6 bootstrap.py $ bin/buildout $ bin/instance fg
This will get you an unthemed copy of the site. If you want to work on the theme, you can build Plone + nginx by modifying buildout.cfg to use conf/develop_theme.cfg, and then run:
$ python2.6 bootstrap.py $ bin/buildout $ bin/instance fg $ parts/nginx/sbin/nginx -c ../../etc/nginx.conf
NOTE: Due to circumstances around testing the PloneOrg module, there are 2 directories with svn info. The source for Products.PloneOrg is in the ‘src’ directory and the rest of the checked out packages are in ‘sources’. If you can’t find a checkout, double check BOTH directories.
To get the latest databases from plone.org, you just need to run the get_data shell script. It assumes rsync is in your path:
(This requires shell access to plone.org.)
1.4 - May 13, 2011
- Clean up and release [aclark]
1.3 - Feb 10, 2011
- Fix the team template portlet rendering. [rossp]
- Rework buildouts, developer docs [davisagli, eleddy]
1.2 - Dec 8, 2009
- Add a css rule to make the highlighted text inside <pre>s readable. Fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone.org/ticket/1743. [dukebody]
1.1 - Dec 3, 2009
- Fix broken jquery-ui-accordion.js
1.0 - Nov 23, 2009
- Initial release [aclark]