Poll extension for Silva CMS
SilvaPoll is an extension to have traditional polls inside Silva sites. A question is asked on which the public can answer, and results are displayed to those that do. The poll can be an independent page or be embedded in a Silva Document as a Code Source.
Making a Poll
Creating Silva Poll Questions
After following the installation instructions you can add a Silva Poll Question in the SMI. Fill in all required fields and save the question, repeat this step for all questions. Separate answers by an empty line.
Rendering the Silva Poll
You can use the Poll Questions like documents, and send visitors there via a link in content or navigation.
You can also embed Poll Questions in Silva Document. When editing a document, click on external sources and add all of your questions (don’t forget to hit the “add external source” button ;-).
- Rendering the poll immediately: Publish your Silva Poll Questions and/or Silva Document and that’s it.
- Rendering time based Silva Poll Questions and their result: In the SMI go to the publish tab of a Silva Poll Question and fill in dates as appropriate.
Fill in the options you would like to set:
- question display start time: time when a Silva Poll Question should be displayed for the public.
- question display end time: time when a Silva Poll Question should stop being displayed for the public.
- results display start time: time when the result of Silva Poll Question should be displayed for the public.
- results display end time: time when the result of Silva Poll Question should stop being displayed for the public.
You can find the code of this extension in Git: https://github.com/silvacms/Products.SilvaPoll
SilvaPoll 3.0 (2013/08/26)
- Update default question view and CSS.
- Test and update the SQL service.
SilvaPoll 3.0c1 (2012/09/25)
- Update to be compatible with Python 2.7 and Silva 3.0.
SilvaPoll 1.4 (2010/12/20)
- Refactoring to be compatible with Zope 2.12, Python 2.6 and Silva 2.3.
SilvaPoll 1.2 (2008/11/18)
- Fix template and scripts to be compatible with Silva 2.2.
SilvaPoll 0.5 to 1.1
- Due to a late night HISTORY.txt stopped working, but never fear HISTORY.txt has decided to return to service as of SilvaPoll 1.2.
- Different way of creating message ids for i18n.
- Made title optional, the question may be all that’s needed.
- Refactoring and cleanup of template code and css optimizations.
- Moved error message to above the answers you’re supposed to choose from.
- Added “Poll Results” heading.
- New icons for ZMI service and SMI (needs transparent gif format for IE users).
- Publication and expiration dates for both the question and the results are now again shown in the side bar.
- Field description in edit screen wasn’t rendering.
- Status screen had the Z210 tal attributes/replace problem.
- Silva Service Polls MySQL now also has the store cookie feature.
- Singular Plural of votes for results.
- No answers selected when starting the Silva Poll.
- Message when no answer is selected.
- votes are now on the same line between ()’s.
- turn of cookies option.
- code clean up.
- better compliancy.
- more generic.
- updated documentation.
- Fixed JS error in public view.
- Fixed bookmark text.
- Made public views not get cached anymore.
- Fixed i18n initialization.
- Error page was displayed when trying to add Poll Question with duplicate id.
- Fixed problem that made that the publically viewable version was used to get data from in preview screens (which could result in errors if no public version was available).
- Fixed attribute errors on ‘day’ in preview.
- There’s now a restriction on the amount of answers one can save: the maximum allowed number of answers is 20.
- Cosmetic fixes.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.SilvaPoll-3.0.tar.gz (24.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|