Allow import of pdb in restricted code.
To make a long story short: sometimes you need to break into the debugger in the middle of a Script (Python). To prevent the frustrating Unauthorized: import of 'pdb' is unauthorized message, use this enablesettrace package.
This package supports importing the pdb module. It is a fork of the original Products.enablesettrace package which still resides in the Zope Subversion Repository. The only change made was turning the package into an egg.
It also incorporates the monkeypatch from the zdb product from Chris Withers.
The installation is as simple as making sure the package is located on the Python path. For example when you are using zc.buildout list Products.enablesettrace in the eggs section:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... Products.enablesettrace
This code was originally contributed by Zach Bir and committed by Jim Fulton. Mark van Lent eggified the product.
Jean Jordaan snarfed Chris’s code from https://github.com/Simplistix/zdb There is more in zdb that may be worth porting.
- Note: this project is inactive.
- Code cleanup: black, pyflakes, flake8, pyroma.
- Moved to Plone collective: https://github.com/collective/Products.enablesettrace
- Incorporate zdb monkeypatch to load the line cache
- Revert changes made in version 0.2 so the egg contains the same code as the original in the Zope Subversion Repository. Moved the ‘enhanced’ code to Products.Ienablesettrace. [markvl]
- Also allow import of ipdb. [markvl]
- Initial release: eggified version of Products.enablesettrace as stored in the Zope Subversion Repository.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Products.enablesettrace-1.2.0.tar.gz (5.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for Products.enablesettrace-1.2.0.tar.gz