Library to control an ST7735 168x80 TFT LCD display.
Python library to control an ST7735 TFT LCD display. Allows simple drawing on the display without installing a kernel module.
Designed specifically to work with a ST7735 based 160x80 pixel TFT SPI display. (Specifically the 0.96” SPI LCD from Pimoroni).
Make sure you have the following dependencies:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python-rpi.gpio python-spidev python-pip python-imaging python-numpy
Install this library by running:
sudo pip install st7735
See example of usage in the examples folder.
Licensing & History
This library is a modification of a modification of code originally written by Tony DiCola for Adafruit Industries, and modified to work with the ST7735 by Clement Skau.
It has been modified by Pimoroni to include support for their 160x80 SPI LCD breakout, and hopefully also generalised enough so that it will support other ST7735-powered displays.
- PIL/Pillow has been removed from the underlying display driver to separate concerns- you should create your own PIL image and display it using display(image)
- width, height, rotation, invert, offset_left and offset_top parameters can be passed into __init__ for alternate displays
- Adafruit_GPIO has been replaced with RPi.GPIO and spidev to closely align with our other software (IE: Raspberry Pi only)
- Test fixtures have been added to keep this library stable
Pimoroni invests time and resources forking and modifying this open source code, please support Pimoroni and open-source software by purchasing products from us, too!
Adafruit invests time and resources providing this open source code, please support Adafruit and open-source hardware by purchasing products from Adafruit!
Modified from ‘Modified from ’Adafruit Python ILI9341’ written by Tony DiCola for Adafruit Industries.’ written by Clement Skau.
MIT license, all text above must be included in any redistribution
- Depend upon spidev==3.4.0 for stability fixes
- Switch from manual data chunking to spidev.xfer3()
- Fixed backlight pin
- Added set_backlight
- Added constants BG_SPI_CS_FRONT and BG_SPI_CS_BACK
- Added module __version__
- Support for multiple display sizes/orientations
- Initial Release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ST7735-0.0.4-py2.7.egg (10.9 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size ST7735-0.0.4-py2-none-any.whl (8.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size ST7735-0.0.4-py3.7.egg (10.8 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 3.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size ST7735-0.0.4-py3-none-any.whl (7.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size ST7735-0.0.4.tar.gz (6.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|