A wrapper for the CodeSkulptor SimpleGUI API using TkInter
SimpleGUITk is a wrapper for the CodeSkulptor SimpleGUI API using TkInter. CodeSkulptor is a browser-based Python interpreter used in the online course “An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python”.
This wrapper makes it easier to work in the development environment of your choice while still being able to quickly test your implementation without using a web browser.
None of these are strict requirements as SimpleGUITk will run without them as long as you don’t need to use the SimpleGUI Images or SimpleGUI Sounds APIs.
The most practical way to use SimpleGUITk is to use the following import statement which makes it easy to switch between SimpleGUI and SimpleGUITk.
import simpleguitk as simplegui
Assuming you intend to eventually run your code in CodeSkulptor make it a habit to test it often. As of this writing some of Python’s language features are unavailable in CodeSkulptor and catching these early on makes it easier to make sure your implementation works as expected.
To use SimplePlot just import it the same way as in CodeSkulptor.
- Key release events are only sent on true release.
- Repeated calls to sound play will do nothing if the sound is already playing.
- Supports loading data from local filesystems.
- Fixes rotation bug in images.
- Some minor optimizations in image rendering.
- matplotlib is no longer a strict requirement as it is only needed for SimplePlot.
- Force division to behave like in Python 3 when running in Python 2.
- Initial support for SimplePlot via matplotlib.
- Support for Python 3.
- Fixes size issues with control objects.
- Moves SimpleGUITk version to base directory to avoid dependency cycle during installation.
- Ensure canvas refresh is within a reasonable interval.
- Canvas borderes will now render correctly.
- The draw handler uses an adaptive timeout so that it will run smoothly at 60 FPS just like in CodeSkulptor.
- Polygons default fill set to transparent.
- Prevent the input status labels from resizing dynamically which would cause the canvas to move around on certain events.
- Increase of FPS to 100 to better match SimpleGUI in CodeSkulptor.
- Display input events in the status frame.
- Ignore case on color codes when using named colors.
- Input control events are sent as strings like in SimpleGUI.
- Several minor bugfixes
- Support for colors specified as hexadecimal without a leading hash sign.
- Bugfixes for older versions of TkInter.
- First official release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size SimpleGUITk-1.1.3.tar.gz (11.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|