Tools for managing archives
This package provides tools for managing archives. An archive in terms of this package is a (compressed) tar archive file with some embedded metadata on the included files. This metadata include the name, file stats, and checksums of the file.
The package provides a command line tool to enable the following tasks:
- Create an archive, takes a list of files to include in the archive as input.
- Check the integrity and consistency of an archive.
- List the contents of the archive.
- Display details on a file in an archive.
- Given a list of files as input, list those files that are either not in the archive or where the file in the archive differs.
All tasks providing information on an archive take this information from the embedded metadata. Retrieving this metadata does not require reading through the compressed tar archive.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size archive-tools-0.5.tar.gz (41.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|