Export BBDB contacts to gmail filter import XML
This package installs a command-line python script and an emacs command for exporting a GMail filters Atom feed from the gnus-public and gnus-private fields in BBDB.
The package can be installed using the standard python package installation procedure. Extract the tarball, then run the following command inside the extracted directory:
$ python setup.py install
This will install the command-line utility and the bbdb-gmail-filter.el emacs library. Then add the following to your ~/.emacs:
Once installed, the filters can be exported to a file simply by calling M-x bbdb-export-gmail-filters. You will be prompted for a file to export the filters to.
For every BBDB record that has a value in the gnus-private field, a filter will be included that matches the “To” GMail filter field on any BBDB net addresses for that record and applies the label specified in the gnus-private field value. The same is done for BBDB records with values in the gnus-public BBDB field but filters on the “From” GMail filter field instead.
0.5 - 2009-07-22
- Split filters up such that each filter has no more than 50 search terms to address apparent limits in gmail filter imports.
0.4 - 2009-07-22
- Rename lisp library
- Don’t export sexp splits
- Fallback to fullnames if email isn’t available
- Fix excess quoting in author name and email
- Combine all addresses for the same label under one filter to make for smaller and faster import files.
0.3 - 2009-05-07
- Translate Gnus folder separator to Gmail imap folder separator
- Add missing files to egg
0.2 - 2009-05-06
- Fix duplicate feed item IDs
0.1 - 2009-05-06
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size bbdb.gmailfilter-0.5.tar.gz (6.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|