BRIE-kit: Preprocessing tool kit of BRIE in splicing analysis
Preprocessing tool kit of BRIE project in splicing analysis
The purpose of move some utility functions from BRIE main package into this tool kit is that brie-event is only supported by Python 2 (see issue). Therefore, we keep a few pre-processing tools into this package and BRIE main package can focus on splicing quantification and downstream analysis.
Therefore, use BRIE-kit in Python 2 environment only for full fucntions.
BRIE-kit provides following functions through command line, which are upgraded from BRIE main package:
1. briekit-event: Extract the splicing events from gene annotation file in gff3/gtf formate.
2. briekit-event-filter: Filter exon-skipping events by setting thresholds.
3. briekit-factor: Fetch genentic features from genome sequence reference file in fasta formate.
BRIE-kit is developed under Python 2.7 environment, and not full compatible with Python 3, so please use it in Python2 environment. If you are using Python3 in Anaconda 3, you can simply create a conda environment with Python=2.7:
conda create -n briekit python=2.7 numpy=1.13.0 source activate briekit
Once you are in a Python 2 environment, there are two ways to isntall:
- Opt 1: Type in terminal: pip install briekit. Add -U if you want to upgrade your earlier installation.
- Opt 2: Download the GitHub repository, and type python setup.py install
Note, if you don’t use Anaconda and don’t have root permission, add --user, so you can install it in your folder.
- Type command line briekit-event -h
See the Wiki documentation on how to install, to use, to find the annotation data etc.
Yuanhua Huang and Guido Sanguinetti. BRIE: transcriptome-wide splicing quantification in single cells. Genome Biology, 2017; 18(1):123.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size briekit-0.2.2.tar.gz (41.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|