Camote Queue is a Python implementation of a queue on top of Redis that supports introspecting a job’s position in the queue.
Why another queue?
I’ve tried a couple of existing queue implementation and none of them supports fetching the job’s position in the queue, hence Camote Queue was born.
What’s with the name?
Camote Queue is a snack I used to buy when I was a kid, its basically slices of fried sweet patato (Camote) covered with melted sugar and stacked (like a queue) in a stick.
- Added pop_job_by_position queue method
- Added pubsub events on push and pop
- Added subscribe queue method
- Added size queue method
- Added method docstrings
- Added get_job_by_position queue method
- Added get_position_by_id queue method
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.