Alternative calendar portlet for Plone that perform some additional search
This is a simple replacement of Plone base calendar, that add only some new features and change somw behaviour for better accessibility.
Why show a search when only an event is found?
In the basic Plone calendar, when you click on a day with one event inside, you are redirected to a search result view… where the only clickable thing is the event itself.
This step is a waste of time. This new calendar will move you directly to the event itself.
Why show a search (in any case)?
Showing a search results view when using the calendar is not very user-friendly. The user will read “Results for the search…” but from his point of view this action is not a search operation.
This calendar will move the user to a specific view, with better explanatory texts.
New feature: events of the month
Simple, but useful: clicking on the month name will redirect the user to a view that display all event of the month.
Plone 4.3 compatibility
- Revmoed check for existing syntool (removed in Plone 4.3) [keul]
- Code sanity: removed redirect inside the template rendering [keul]
- i18n structure redux: new messages and removed hard-coded italian strings [keul]
- Better HTTP redirect code when hitting a single-event day [keul]
- Fixed a bug for missing syntool reference on Plone 4.1 (thanks to Michel for reporting this) [keul]
- Fixed a bug for a wrong variable definition in searchmonth.pt [keul]
- Apply SearchableText query parameter to month search only if really used in the calling request [keul]
- Changed the portlet edit permission to “plone.app.portlets.ManagePortlets”. This solve the problem of importing permissions.zcml and is a better permission [keul]
- Pyflakes cleanup [keul]
- Updated to Plone 4.1 [davilima6]
- Fixed some styles issues with Sunburst theme [keul]
- Translations moved to locales from i18n [keul]
- Missing translation support for some HTML titles [keul]
- Removed “relevance”, totally useless with events search [keul]
- Fixed search_events that break when parameters are missing [fdelia]
- Initial release