YouTube video downloader
Command Line Interface using Python for Youtube
Asynchronous Python command-line YouTube video downloader.
This project was created so I could learn Python’s asyncio library.
The following Python versions are supported:
- Python 3.4
The following third-party libraries are used:
- aiohttp (asynchronous HTTP communication)
- pyperclip (optional, uses Gtk to read the clipboard)
clipy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm78gjYkYKc -d
User interface written with curses from the standard library:
- start script with --ui option
- copy youtube url into clipboard
- follow menu: I to inquire, D to download
Only tested on Ubuntu Trusty and Mac Lion.
Python for Windows does not contain the needed curses library so the user interface will not work “out of the box”, perhaps UniCurses can help.