Simple news plugin for django-cms 2.x
This plugin provides a simple news feature for django-cms 2.0 and newer and and tries to keep it as simple as possible without extras like tagging or categories but while providing a news feed and menu integration.
- Install django-cms (if you haven’t done so already)
- Run pip install cmsplugin-news or download this package and run python setup.py install or add it in some other way to your current PYTHON_PATH
- Add ‘cmsplugin_news’ and ‘cms.plugins.text’ to INSTALLED_APPS
- If you’re using South execute python manage.py migrate, Otherwise run python manage.py syncdb within your project directory.
- In order to integrate the news-plugin with your website, create a page and add the news application (and optionally the news menu) to it by modifying the relevant “advanced settings” of it.
- Fix for the source package
- More compatibility fixes for Django 1.5 (Thanks to @arvindsraj and @suvit).
- Compatibility fix for Django 1.5
- New maintainer
- RSS/Atom feed
- CMS menu integration
- Upgrade to django-cms 2.2 (and 2.3)
- Moved to beta phase
- Tested with django-cms 2.0 final
- Various bug fixes
- Adds excerpt to news model
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cmsplugin-news-0.4.4.tar.gz (16.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|