An extension for Plone which adds google maps support for collective.blogging package.
Extra extension of the collective.blogging which integrates 3rd-party package Products.Maps for blogging events.
This package requires Plone 3.x or later (tested on 3.3.x).
Installing without buildout
Install this package in either your system path packages or in the lib/python directory of your Zope instance. You can do this using either easy_install or via the setup.py script.
Installing with buildout
If you are using buildout to manage your instance installing collective.bloggingmaps is even simpler. You can install collective.bloggingmaps by adding it to the eggs line for your instance:
[instance] eggs = collective.bloggingmaps
After updating the configuration you need to run the ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
- install collective.bloggingmaps via Quick Installer
- configure Maps package by following instructions at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.Maps
- set geo location when posting event based blog entries
For more information about how to use blogging maps go to [your-site]/blogging-help.
Copyright and Credits
collective.bloggingmaps is licensed under the GPL. See LICENSE.txt for details.
Author: Lukas Zdych (lzdych).
- added browserlayer for schema extenders assignment [lzdych]
- added Dutch translation [robgietema]
- fixed ignored i18n stuff and updated czech translation [lzdych]
- fixed #1 - Event entry doesn’t work with collective.bloggingmaps [luthy]
- extenders made blogging browser layer specific [lzdych]
- added show map checkbox to entry schemata [lzdych]
- added i18n stuff and initial czech translation [lzdych]
- minor field label rename [lzdych]
- Initial release