A customization for Plone author form: anonymous users can send message to authors with captcha protection
A Plone customization for the “Contact the author” form.
Normally in Plone only authenticated member can send internal messages to the author. This product open the form also to anonymous users.
When anonymous try to contact an author, they must provide also an email address and a captcha protection value.
Please note that access to the author page is still guarded by the Plone setting “Allow anyone to view ‘about’ information” in the “Security settings” control panel.
You can still edit the contact author configuration from the new “Contact author settings” to change this behavior. You can restore Plone default (where users must be authenticated) or freely enable it to all anoymous users (this can be dangerous… this option is only provided for some intranet purpose).
The captcha protection is given by the collective.recaptcha product.
Keep in mind that, even behind a robot/bot protection, this product open your site to anonymous message from the Web. It’s mainly targeted to intranet environment.
The given anonymous email can be unexistent (or the someone else ones).
This product has been tested on Plone 4.3.
- Fixed MANIFEST file [keul]
- Many i18n infrastructure fixes [keul]
- Added control panel settings [keul]
- Uninstall profile added [keul]
- Added tests [keul]
- Fixed Plone 4 compatibility [cekk]
- italian translation fixes [keul]
- be more friendly is recaptcha is not configured [keul]
- if the used is not anonymous do not show the recaptcha field at all [keul]
- Initial release