Send feedback email to groups in Plone
collective.groupmail is a way to send an email to all users in the group. It overrides the Member search (in the Users folder) to also return groups, and adds the group details view so that it contains the same type of contact form that the user overview does. This enables you to send an email to the whole group.
If the group has a configured email-address, that adress will be used. If not, each member will have their email address looked up, and the email sent to that member.
Separate emails are sent, so that the reply will go only to the sender and not to everyone. If you want it to go to everyone, you need to set up a mailing list, and add the address of that list to the group properties.
Add collective.groupmail to the eggs= list in your buildout. Re-run buildout, restart the server. All sites in the server will get this functionality. In the future it is planned to add a layer so that you need to install the product, but because of lack of time this will wait to a future release.
GPL, see docs/LICENSE.GPL
- Lennart Regebro, email@example.com
- Added number of members to member view.
- List group members on group contact page.
- Use a separate view to view groups, that only requires the “View Groups” permission. [regebro]
- First release to Cheeseshop. [regebro]
- Initial release. [regebro]