Plone viewlet to prompt users to upgrade to a better web browser.
Enough is enough. Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 was released in early 2009. For its time, it was a decent browser, but today it is still in use by a significant portion of the web population, and its time is now up.
As any web developer will tell you, working with outdated browsers is one of the most difficult and frustrating things they have to deal with on a daily basis, taking up a disproportionate amount of their time. Beyond that, IE 8’s support for modern web standards is lacking, restricting what developers can create and holding the web back.
This is a Plone viewlet that shows your site visitors a banner prompting them to upgrade their browser for a better experience.
Add collective.ie8nomore to your list of python eggs. For example, for buildout:
[buildout] eggs = ... collective.ie8nomore
You don’t need to install the product in the control panel. You just need to restart Plone and configure the order of your viewlets. To be able to do so, visit http://plonesite/@@manage-viewlets .
- Moved Chrome icon before Safari in the browser ballot [ichim-david]
- Added romanian translation [ichim-david]
- Changed condition of this viewlet to be less then IE9 since this package is called ie8 no more [ichim-david]
- Modernized Icons, template optimizations. [thet]
- Added Internet Explorer and Opera to alternative Browsers. [thet]
- Added German translation. [thet]
- Added Italian translation [giacomos]
- Fix packaging
- Update version to 0.3.
- Update trove classifiers.
- Update package URL
- Use z3c.autoinclude to avoid ZCML slug in buildout. Remove unnedded ZCML declaration
- Add spanish translations.
- Update documentation.
- Improve CSS.
- Add a wrapper div.
- Package created using zopeskel
- Add the viewlet.