Portlet based display for the Plone search page
This products provides a simple way to manage the search page based on portlets.
For simplicity reasons and to avoid conflicts with existing themes, it does not override the default search page, but adds a new ‘@@multisearch’ page.
A link on this page allows to manage portlets displayed inside the page.
Work on collective.multisearch has been made possible by The Flemish Environment Agency or VMM. See http://www.vmm.be . VMM operates as an agency of the Flemish government for a better environment in Flanders. Flanders is one of the three Belgian regions with its own government, parliament and administration. The other two are the Brussels-Capital Region and the Walloon Region.
- Catch socket errors when requesting a remote search source. If we don’t the whole search results page fails with an error/traceback. [fredvd]
- Don’t double urlquote the parameters in the link to more search results in the local search portlet. [fredvd]
- Add uninstall profile. Doesn’t remove portlet assignments yet. [fredvd]
- Bring search results page more in line with Plone 4.3 html/css. Default view should already be reasonable. [fredvd]
- Add viewlets.xml ordering that hides the default plone.searchbox viewlet and adds the collective.multisearch widget on the same location (no upgrade step on purpose, installed base should be fine and already have catered for this) [fredvd]
- Add browserlayer for add’on installed and register the viewlets/views on this specific layer so we don’t pollute the site when nothing is installed. [fredvd]
- Always disable liveview on multisearch viewlet. [fredvd]
- Remove dependency on five.grok. [fredvd]
- Add verify_ssl option to remote search portlet to disable ssl certificate validation when you have to query a ‘secure’ internal site over firewalls that ruin the certificate chain. [fredvd]
- Give validation error when inputting a search url without %s. [maurits]
- Catch “TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting” when the remote_site_search_url or the remote_site_search_rss_url does not contain a %s. [maurits]
- Added PloneTestCase to test requirements. [maurits]
- Don’t crash the remote search portlet if a feed item does not contain a summary field. Happens when reading search results from a Plone 3.3.X site. [f.vandijk]
- Add field remote_site_search_rss_url so you can set an explicit rss url that we use for querying the remote site, instead of appending a hardcoded search_rss to the site url. This means we support non-Plone sites now. [maurits]
- Set the User-Agent string to ‘Mozilla/4.0’ when querying remote servers. Otherwise, some bad servers return a 403 Forbidden error. [maurits]
- Add timeout value for remote RSS portlet searches. Default is 5 seconds. [fredvd]
- Load the zcml of some packages so Plone starts up correctly. [maurits]
- Removed our ManagePortletAssignments override. It was meant for returning to the correct url (@@manage-multisearch) after changing a portlet, but it had an error so it did not work. Also, it is not needed anymore after plone.app.portlets 2.4.3 is released. [maurits]
- Initial public release