Twitter Widget Portlet - https://twitter.com/settings/widgets
Table of Contents
To read and understand more about such widgets, and to create your own, visit https://twitter.com/settings/widgets.
To enable this package in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add add the following to it:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.portlet.twitter
After updating the configuration you need to run ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in a Plone site and click on the ‘Add-ons’ link.
Check the box next to collective.portlet.twitter and click the ‘Activate’ button.
You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the product installation.
Create twitter widget:
Get widget id:
Add your widget ID into the Data Widget ID field as follows:
For more information on the variety of client-side options (such as theme, link color, width, height, and so forth) that can be configured within this portlet’s settings, see Twitter’s development documentation at https://dev.twitter.com/docs/embedded-timelines#customization.
Make any customisations you’d like and click Save.
There’s a frood who really knows where his towel is.
- Add Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish translations. [hvelarde]
- Fix issue with escaping non-basestring values [enkidulan]
- Fix package distribution; we are not including anymore the screenshots used in the documentation reducing significatively the egg size. [hvelarde]
- Fix potential XSS (arbitrary injection) issue by escaping and quoting all attributes being set on the rendered portlet. [davidjb]
- Fix specifying the data-related attribute without a value. [davidjb]
- Add ability to customise portlet header text and ability to show just the Twitter widget (omit border). [davidjb]
- Link portlet title to the user’s Twitter timeline. [davidjb]
- Update descriptions for Twitter client configuration to be end-user readable and add examples. [davidjb]
- Add tweet-limit client-side configuration option to control the number of tweets displayed. [davidjb]
- Add titles and descriptions to the portlet add and edit pages. [davidjb]
- Remove tal:attributes specification from Twitter link in portlet page template. This is already handled by the HTML tag creation code, and lead to rendering failure in some cases (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/1004588). [davidjb]
- Initial release.