Set the default editor in Plone for all existing members.
When you install a new visual editor in your Plone 3 Site, you can set wysiwyg_editor in portal_memberdata to the proper value for this new editor. This only means that new users will get this new editor. To change the editor for all existing users, use this package.
In Plone 4 this should be less necessary, because this Plone version introduces an option for members to simply use whatever the current default editor of the site is. If you migrate from Plone 3 you can still use this package to change all members so they use this option.
This package makes available a browser view @@set-default-editor to change the editor setting of members. Follow the instructions there. This has slightly different functionality for Plone 3 and Plone 4. You can choose to run this in dry-run mode and see how many users would be changed. When dry run is not selected, details are logged to the instance log.
On the same form you can also select to set the default editor for new users (Plone 3) or set the editor that is used when ‘Use site default’ is selected (Plone 4).
- Add tests.
I (Maurits van Rees) found the main code in an article by Rob Gietema. He apparently got the script from Kelly Craig. And I have seen the same code in a post to the plone-setup list by Reinout van Rees. So I claim it back in defense of our family honour. ;-)
- Split the form in two for clarity: one for setting the default editor that is used when the member has not set a preference and one for setting the editor in the preferences of each existing user. [maurits]
- When first loading the form, select the site default editor or the default member editor. [maurits]
- Be smarter about getting all users, also when many_users is true and you are using ldap. [maurits]
- Use the default_editor site property when it is there (Plone 4). [maurits]
- Avoid hard dependency on zope.app.component, to gain Plone 4.3 compatibility. [maurits]
- Make compatible with Plone 4.1+ (load CMFCore zcml for the permissions). [maurits]
- Code moved to https://github.com/zestsoftware/collective.setdefaulteditor [maurits]
- When there are many users (site_properties/many_users) try to get all members by searching for a login with ‘a’, then ‘b’, etc. Not ideal, but if for example LDAP gives problems because it returns too many results (which means it does not actually return anything) then this may help. [maurits]
- Also offer option to set the chosen editor as new default in portal_memberdata. [maurits]
- Added form to make setting the editor more user friendly. [maurits]
- Check that the input for the wanted editor is sane: is that editor actually installed? [maurits]
- Initial release [maurits]