Siteimprove integration for Plone
This package is a Plone add-on that provides integration with siteimprove.com, a service for maintaining and improving website content. Siteimprove provides customers with automated scans of their websites which check for content quality, accessibility compliance, SEO, and performance. The add-on gives content editors immediate feedback on the quality of pages that they publish, with a summary report provided in a page overlay and links to more details. This lets Siteimprove customers see problems while they are in the process of editing a page on their Plone site, instead of getting emailed a report after the fact and needing to click through links to fix things.
collective.siteimprove provides the integration with Siteimprove’s CMS plugin API that is required to provide these features. The only thing Plone admins need to do is install the add-on and configure a Siteimprove token.
- Control panel for requesting and saving a siteimprove.com token
- Siteimprove overlay button shows for authorized users on all default views
- Overlay button provides link to login/logoout to Siteimprove account
- Overlay button can show summary info for the domain or info for the page you are on, for publicly visible content
- Overlay button provides link to manually trigger page recheck action
- Overlay button provides link to re-crawl site
- Publishing or saving a published page triggers recheck action
Install collective.siteimprove by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.siteimprove
and then running bin/buildout.
Install the Add-on from the Plone Add-ons control panel under Site Setup. Then go to the Siteimprove control panel and request a new token (or paste in an existing one), and save.
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/collective/collective.siteimprove/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/collective/collective.siteimprove
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- jazkarta, info <at> jazkarta.com
- Witek, witekdev <at> gmail.com
- Alec Mitchell, alecpm <at> gmail.com
- Documentation updates [sallyk]
- Use canonical url for input, domain and recheck functions [witekdev]
- Call input function on add/edit views, domain on all others [witekdev]
- Trigger recheck when object saved and publically visible or on any workflow transition [witekdev]
- Call input method on visible page loads. [alecpm]
- Initial release. [witekdev]