Sorted listings in Plone
Plone Collection type is a very flexible way to aggregate content from your site. It supports querying the catalog together with sorting the results according to an sortable index (modified date, title, etc.).
Sometimes you need a customized sorting of the results. Think of a folder with many person content items in it and you want to display it with sorting A in one place of your site and with sorting B in another place of a site.
This is where this addon steps in. It allows to sort the results of a collection query on the collection/listing itself. It is done by the editor.
If you install a package it will provide a custom contenttype (SortableCollection) which has the same features as the standard Collection type and additionally allows the sorting of the results in the preview section with drag&drop.
The contenttype makes use of a behavior (SortableCollection) which can be used by custom contenttypes.
If you have Mosaic installed the addon provides the Sortable Contentlisting tile which inherits from the Contentlisting tile from plone.app.standardtiles with the additional sorting features.
Requirements: Plone 5.1
Install collective.sortedquerystring by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.sortedquerystring
and then running bin/buildout
Build mockup (only Plone 5.1b4 and below)
$ bin/plone-compile-resources -s Plone -b plone $ bin/plone-compile-resources -s Plone -b plone-logged-in
$ bin/plone-compile-resources -s Plone -b sortablequerystring
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/collective/collective.sortedlisting/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/collective/collective.listing
- Documentation: https://docs.plone.org/foo/bar
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- Tom Gross, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build bundle
- Set query limit to 50 [tomgross]
- Don’t limit results for sorting
- Enhance drag & drop layout [adrianschulz]
- Fix tests / static code analysis and stream demo video from Youtube [tomgross]
- Initial release. [tomgross]