Reveal some not-so-hidden Plone feature for sorting your folders
This product is mainly deprecated. Think about switching to wildcard.foldercontents, that is part on Plone 5.
- What this product does
- What this product isn’t
There’s a piece of software that make possible sorting items in Plone, and it contains hidden additional features. Normally, when you call a sort action in Plone, you call a URL like this:
The Plone UI has no way at the moment for performing actions like this:
But this feature is inside Plone: in this way you will sort a folder automatically, using a field value for comparison (like title, or created).
This product adds to Plone some of the features that follow.
You can call an URL like this:
and this will sort the folder using reverse criteria.
You can call:
Your “Action” menu will be populated with a new entry: “Sort folder”. This will present the user a Plone form where he can perform common sorting operations.
This product only reveals features that are already in Plone (inside the orderObjects method). It will not add new sorting behaviour.
Testing for collective.sortmyfolder has been done on:
- Plone 3.3
- Plone 4.2
- Plone 4.3
Note that on Plone 4, reverse sorting on the position does not work. Work is under way to fix this. It needs changes in both collective.sortmyfolder and the core plone.folder package.
Developed with the support of S. Anna Hospital, Ferrara
S. Anna Hospital supports the PloneGov initiative.
- Change capitalisation of ID sort field name from Id. [davidjb]
- Change action to be displayed if a default view is configured for a folder. [davidjb]
- Add option to sort by id. [maurits]
- Fixed manifest for rst files [micecchi]
- Fixed uninstall step for skin layer [micecchi]
- Moved to https://github.com/collective/collective.sortmyfolder [maurits]
- Set the icon_expr in actions.xml so we register the action icon in the preferred way in Plone 4. We keep actionicons.xml for backwards compatibility with Plone 3. [maurits]
- No longer use the plone domain for our action as portal_actions accepts other domains too. This means we no longer need the i18n directory. Added an upgrade step to switch our action to use collective.sortmyfolder as domain. [maurits]
- Added MANIFEST.in so .mo files can be included in the release (automatically when using zest.releaser+zest.pocompile). [maurits]
- Made compatible with Plone 4.1. [maurits]
- Updated Dutch translations [fvandijk]
- Corrected english spelling in README.txt [fvandijk]
- added new dates sorting criteria [keul]
- added the field for a custom way to sort [keul]
- do not show the menu entry if you can’t sort the current object [keul]
- tested also on Plone 4
- fixed typo syntax error in english text [markvl]
- added dutch translation [markvl]
- initial release