Provide Twitter integration for a Plone Site
Table of Contents
This product allows you to add Twitter accounts to a Plone site.
It uses oAuth authentication.
- Go to the “Site Setup”, then to the “Twitter” tool.
- Choose wether to use Plone’s default twitter application (PloneTweet) or a custom one.
- If you choose to use a custom Twitter application, enter your consumer key and secret for it.
- Click on “Request Twitter token”.
- A new link should’ve appeared below “Allow permission to your account”. Click it in order to allow the app to use your Twitter account.
- Copy the given token into the “Token” input field.
- Click “Add”.
- If something went wrong, you need to click on “Request Twitter token” and the following link to get a new token and try again.
If you want to remove an account, simply click on its red cross next to its name. Be carefull, it will delete the account without confirmation, and it cannot be undone.
In order to allow external access to a twitter account, you need to register an “Application” in https://dev.twitter.com/ There’s already a “PloneTweet” application registered that can be used, but if you want to use your own, just regiter it there.
To enable this product in a buildout-based installation:
Edit your buildout.cfg and add collective.twitter.accounts to the list of eggs to install
[buildout] ... eggs = collective.twitter.accounts
After updating the configuration you need to run ‘’bin/buildout’‘, which will take care of updating your system.
Go to the ‘Site Setup’ page in a Plone site and click on the ‘Add-ons’ link.
Check the box next to ‘’collective.twitter.accounts’’ and click the ‘Activate’ button.
Note: You may have to empty your browser cache and save your resource registries in order to see the effects of the product installation.
Development sponsored by Menttes.
- Fixed distribution. [hvelarde]
- Updated tests. [hvelarde]
- PEP8/Pyflakes. [hvelarde]
- Updated documentation. [hvelarde]
- Updated package classifiers. [hvelarde]
- Moved to GitHub. [frapell]
- Refactored the package to give its own dev/test buildout. [frapell]
- Separated profiles for initial and default. [frapell]
- Added an uninstall profile. [frapell]
- Added some tests. [frapell]
- Improved usability with a pop-up to authorize app. [frapell]
- Added Spanish internationalization. [frapell]
- Created a configlet to add and remove twitter accounts. [frapell]
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|collective.twitter.accounts-1.0.3.tar.gz (23.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Apr 11, 2012|