Update links to child objects in TextFields and ReferenceFields when an Archetypes based object is copied and pasted
A drop in package for Plone that improves the copy and paste operation of folder structures. Reference fields (e.g. relatedItems) and UID inline links in text fields are rewritten if they reference any of the content within the folder structure being copied so that they now link to the copied content.
the buildout in this package will create a test stub which can be run with:
./bin/test -s collective.updatelinksoncopy
See the doctests for more information of what this package does.
Edit buildout.cfg to point to either buildouts/buildout-plone3.cfg or buildouts/buildout-plone4.cfg. Don’t forget to rerun bootstrap.py with python2.4 or python2.6 for plone 3 and plone 4 respectively.
This package requires Plone 3.x or later (tested on 3.3.x).
If you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, you can add collective.updatelinksoncopy to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
[buildout] ... eggs = ... collective.updatelinksoncopy
(If you are working with a version of Plone < 3.3 then you’ll also need to install a ZCML slug.)
- Gracefully handle unusual reference fields and missing uids.
- Adjust tests to run with GenericSetup 1.6.3+
- edgecase bugfix
- provide buildout for testing in plone 4 as well as 3
- clean up use of field accessor/mutator in tests
- update tests to work with plone 4
- Update reference fields which point to objects within the copy tree. For example, the default relatedItems field on Archetype Document, or custom reference fields.
- Initial release [Matt Halstead]