Config file reading, writing and validation. DEVELOPMENT VERSION.
ConfigObj is a simple but powerful config file reader and writer: an ini file round tripper. Its main feature is that it is very easy to use, with a straightforward programmer’s interface and a simple syntax for config files.
List of Features
Nested sections (subsections), to any level
Multiple line values
Full Unicode support
String interpolation (substitution)
Integrated with a powerful validation system
- including automatic type checking/conversion
- and allowing default values
- repeated sections
All comments in the file are preserved
The order of keys/sections is preserved
Powerful unrepr mode for storing/retrieving Python data-types
- Drop support for EOL Python 2.6 and 3.3
- Add support for Python 3.7
- Unified modules into the ‘configobj’ package (#72, #31, #32)
- Added validate v1.1.0 shim to allow a gradual migration, rewrite your imports as from configobj.validate import … to get rid of it
- Alternative line comment markers for more INI compatibility (#79)
- More detailed multi-error reports (#73)
- Added ‘decoupled’ mode to merge() (#115)
- fix: mixed_list accepts type name variants (#110)
- fix: Don’t quote git-style section titles (#74)
- docs: Explicit mention of force_list and its pitfalls (#112)
- Release 5.0.6 improves error messages in certain edge cases
- Release 5.0.5 corrects a unicode-bug that still existed in writing files
- Release 5.0.4 corrects a unicode-bug that still existed in reading files after fixing lists of string in 5.0.3
- Release 5.0.3 corrects errors related to the incorrectly handling unicode encoding and writing out files
- Release 5.0.2 adds a specific error message when trying to install on Python versions older than 2.5
- Release 5.0.1 fixes a regression with unicode conversion not happening in certain cases PY2
- Release 5.0.0 updates the supported Python versions to 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3 and is otherwise unchanged
- Release 4.7.2 fixes several bugs in 4.7.1
- Release 4.7.1 fixes a bug with the deprecated options keyword in 4.7.0.
- Release 4.7.0 improves performance adds features for validation and fixes some bugs.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.