SDK to communicate with the Ingenico ePayments platform using the Ingenico Connect Server API
The Python SDK helps you to communicate with the Ingenico Connect Server API. It’s primary features are:
- convenient Python library for the API calls and responses
- marshalls Python request objects to HTTP requests
- unmarshalls HTTP responses to Python response objects or Python exceptions
- handling of all the details concerning authentication
- handling of required meta data
Its use is demonstrated by an example for each possible call. The examples execute a call using the provided API keys.
See the Ingenico Connect Developer Hub for more information on how to use the SDK.
Structure of this repository
This repository consists out of four main components:
- The source code of the SDK itself: /ingenico/connect/sdk/
- The source code of the SDK unit tests: /tests/unit/
- The source code of the SDK integration tests: /tests/integration/
- Usage examples: /examples/
Note that the source code of the unit tests and integration tests and the examples can only be found on GitHub.
Python 3.3.5 or higher is required. In addition, the following packages are required:
These packages will be installed automatically if the SDK is installed manually or using pip following the below instructions.
To install the SDK using pip, execute the following command:
pip install connect-sdk-python3
Alternatively, you can install the SDK from a source distribution file:
Download the latest version of the Python SDK from GitHub. Choose the connect-sdk-python3-x.y.z.zip file from the releases page, where x.y.z is the version number.
Execute the following command in the folder where the SDK was downloaded to:
pip install connect-sdk-python3-x.y.z.zip
After the Python SDK has been installed, it can be uninstalled using the following command:
pip uninstall connect-sdk-python3
The required packages can be uninstalled in the same way.
- connect.api.apiKeyId for the API key id to use. This can be retrieved from the Configuration Center.
- connect.api.secretApiKey for the secret API key to use. This can be retrieved from the Configuration Center.
- connect.api.merchantId for your merchant ID.
In addition, to run the proxy integration tests, the proxy URI, username and password should be set in the tests/resources/configuration.proxy.ini file.
pip install mock mockito
The following commands can now be executed from the tests directory to execute the tests:
Both unit and integration tests: