Twitter based login for Plone
A PAS plugin to login into a Plone Site using Twitter. Provides the following features:
- Log in to a Plone site through Twitter: when a user requests to log in to the Plone site he will be redirected to Twitter so that he provides the credentials there, then he will be redirected back to the Plone site and will be identified there.
- The user will be a standard Plone user, so Roles or Group membership can be set.
- Minimal user information is kept in Plone such as full name, screen-name Twitter ID and twitter photo of the user. This is kept to avoid permanent requests to Twitter API. This information is refreshed each time the user logs in to the site.
Installation and getting started
Add cs.auth.twitter to your buildout.cfg’s eggs list. It will install all required dependencies.
Install the product in the Plone Control Panel. This will create a “Login with Twitter” action into the personal tools toolbar in Plone.
Create a new Twitter app at https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new and fill in the required data in the plugin’s control panel form.
This product contains code written for collective.twitter.accounts by Franco Pellegrini (@frapell) and Hector Velarde (@hvelarde)
- Remove Welcome message
- Fix dependencies includes [erral]
- Remove roles plugin implementation [erral]
- Fix user search [erral]
- Fix to add the plugin through the ZMI [erral]
- Use Twitter API directly to get user information [erral]
- Fix Access Token Request [erral]
- Implement IRolePlugin again to grant Member role [erral]
- Inherit from PloneUser instead of PropertiedUser [erral]
- Remove IRolesPlugin implementation [erral]
- Add missing oauth2 dependency [erral]
- Change user action name not to clash with Plone’s [erral]
- Initial release [erral]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size cs.auth.twitter-1.1.1.tar.gz (23.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|