A base django project containing commonly used functionality
This is a base project for django work. It contains a handful of django apps that I find useful installed by default. Specifically:
- dj_database_url for extracting a database configuration from a valid DB URI
- django-extensions for running a more powerful shell
- django-fsm for easily creating state machines to track complex processes through the application
- django-simple-history for easily creating history tables for our models in order to improve application auditability
- djangorestframework for easily creating REST APIs
In your project's
settings.py, remove all default configuration generated by django.
Then at the top, simply put:
from base_django_project.webapp.settings import * # place any custom modifications here
When standing up many django projects over a short amount of time, I often find myself duplicating configurations. This project allows any user to quickly drop in their favorite default configuration for
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-base-project-0.0.6.tar.gz (3.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django-base-project-0.0.6.tar.gz