Datafreezer is a newsroom tool that enables reporters and editors to easily share datasets.
- With each upload, users complete a data dictionary, which describes pertinent fields within a dataset. This ensures that uploaded datasets are well documented.
- Users can either upload a dataset that already has header information, or they can add and remove data dictionary fields.
- Users can include a URL in which the data was sourced and the app will scrape the page for a headline to save.
- Tag support (with autocomplete)
- Users can browse datasets by
- Uploading user
- Hub (desk)
- Vertical (section)
- The app uses a pluggable JSON endpoint to map email addresses to names and certain slugs to names.
- This endpoint can be a static JSON or an API.
Thanks to [Glyphicons](http://glyphicons.com/) for Bootstrap glyphs.
Developed by [Tyler Davis](http://twitter.com/tylerallyndavis) for [The Dallas Morning News](http://dallasnews.com).
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.