Django utility app for Django developers.
Django utility app for Django developers with these features:
- settings constants
- request object data
- debugging email configuration
- internal server error template view
- raise exception view
- environment constants
Tested on Django 1.4.5 and Django 1.8.2
- Install python library using pip: pip install django-developer-toolkit
- Add developer_toolkit to INSTALLED_APPS in your Django settings file
- Include developer_toolkit.urls in your urls.py
You may like to add toolkit features to admin. To do so, follow these steps:
- Add os.path.join(ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_DEVELOPER_TOOLKIT, 'templates'), to TEMPLATE_DIRS in your Django settings file, where ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_DEVELOPER_TOOLKIT is absolute path to developer toolkit library. For example: '/home/project/environment/lib/python2.7/site-packages/developer_toolkit'
(If you have a better idea how to do that, please let me know. Thanks.)
- Set TEMPLATE_DEBUG to True