Copyright (c) 2009-2012 Dennis Kaarsemaker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Inspect your models and database and print Print SQL statements for changes in
models since the table was created/fixed. Supported changes are:
- ALTER TABLE to add/drop columns
- ALTER TABLE to change the length of VARCHAR fields
- ALTER TABLE to change default values
- CREATE INDEX for new ForeignKey and OneToOne fields
- CREATE TABLE for new m2m relations
Not (yet) supported:
- Databases other than MySQL (sqlite will never be supported, others can
possibly be supported, patches welcome)
- Changes in unique_together
- Field type changes (they will be detected and warned about though)
- Index additions/removals
- Deleting old m2m tables
- Parent changes in multi-table inheritance
If you need those, a complete migration framework like django-south is a
better option for you.
Install: python setup.py install
- Add 'sqlfixtables' to INSTALLED_APPS
- Run: ./manage.py sqlfixtables <appname>
Compatible with django 1.0-1.4. Tested only on MySQL, bugreports or
testreports for other databases are welcome.
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.