Django app for audit logging.
Django Trails is a Django app to provide audit logging capability to your Django project. Its main goals are to:
- Capture the current request and user with middleware.
- Capture database changes using signals.
- Log user and changes to the database.
- Log user and changes using Python logging library.
- Provide admin interface to view full audit trail for an object or user.
- Provide flexible template-based rendering of audit trails.
While a number of parts are functional, it is still considered alpha quality and does not yet support the following:
- Capturing changes made to many to many relationships.
- Tests to verify correct handling of proxy models or model inheritance.
- Tests to verify handling of custom model fields.
- Actually using the Python logging module.
It is tested against Python 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 and Django 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 (except for Python 2.5 which isn’t supported by Django 1.5).
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-trails-0.2a2.tar.gz (10.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|