Captures HTTP requests & responses for debugging.
This is an early release, and is not suitable for production use.
- Install the package with pip install django-wiretap
- Edit Django settings:
- Add 'wiretap' to INSTALLED_APPS.
- Add 'wiretap.middleware.WiretapMiddleware' to your MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES.
- Create models with ./manage.py syncdb
- Go to Django admin, add a new Tap.
- This contains a path regex,
which is matched against the full path including the query string.
- For example, to capture everything within the /api/ path of your site, use '^/api/'.
- If you just want to test Wiretap, set it to '/'.
- This contains a path regex, which is matched against the full path including the query string.
HTTP request/responses will now be saved to the
Message admin page.
Note that Wiretap will be disabled if Django is not in debug mode.