The Django Common (djcommon) project is a set of project independent reusable features easy to use while
developing with the Django Framework - https://www.djangoproject.com/.
Currently, the following features have been gathered and are working in Django 1.3+
- TimeStampedModel (adds date_created and date_modified)
- MultiSelectField (for selecting multiple choices=)
- server_error (500 error handler with RequestContext)
- EnhancedModelAdmin (keeping filter states after edits)
- EnhancedInline (implements VerboseManyToManyRawIdWidget on m2m fields when name in raw_id_fields)
- get_setting (shortcut for getattr(settings, ‘SITE_ID’))
- EmailBackend (authenticate user by email address or username)
- EnhancedModelForm (combined_fields)
- filters: cleartags, cut, replace, nowhitespace, cleanwhitespace, startswith, endswith
- filters: attributes, attributes_formatted, getattribute
- send_email_with_template (including an handy directory structure for templates)
- EnhancedInline with Nested inline function
If you have ideas for other features please let me know.
- pip install djcommon
djcommon to your INSTALLED_APPS if you want to use templates and templatetags
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.