Dolmen content type framework
The package dolmen.content is a convenient way to define content types.
Content types usually have several attributes defined in a schema and a name. In addition, they often need security to control the creation or the modification (update, deletion, etc.). This is what provides dolmen.content, with an easy-to-use set of grok directives.
A dolmen.content content is declared as a simple class. Some directives are available to define your content: name, schema and factory. To have detailed information about these directives, please have a look at the package tests.
Let’s demonstrate the package’s features with a simple and non-exhaustive test:
>>> import dolmen.content >>> from zope import schema >>> from zope.interface import Interface >>> class IContentSchema(Interface): ... text = schema.Text(title=u"A body text", default=u"N/A") >>> class MyContent(dolmen.content.Content): ... """A very simple content ... """ ... dolmen.content.schema(IContentSchema) ... dolmen.content.name("a simple content type")
The content can now be instanciated. As we can see here, the object is effectively providing the schema, even without grokking:
>>> MyContent.text <zope.schema.fieldproperty.FieldProperty object at ...> >>> IContentSchema.implementedBy(MyContent) True >>> obj = MyContent() >>> obj.text u'N/A'
The content can also be instanciated providing initial values:
>>> obj = MyContent(text=u"This is a nice text !") >>> obj.text u'This is a nice text !'
Even though the schema has been applied and the content type boostrapped, the content type is not yet complete:
>>> obj.__content_type__ Traceback (most recent call last): ... AttributeError: 'MyContent' object has no attribute '__content_type__'
To get all the features of a dolmen.content Content, we need to register our component : we need to grok it.
We register our component:
>>> from grokcore.component import testing >>> testing.grok_component('mycontent', MyContent) True
An additional information is now available:
>>> obj.__content_type__ u'a simple content type'
The grokking process also allowed an automatic registration of a very convenient factory as an utility.
When the content is grokked, a factory is registered, using the full module and class dotted names. It allows us to query and instanciate the content easily:
>>> from zope.component import getUtility >>> factory = getUtility(dolmen.content.IFactory, ... name="dolmen.content.MyContent") >>> factory <dolmen.content.factoring.Factory object at ...>
The factory will create your content type for you, when called:
>>> obj = factory() >>> obj <dolmen.content.MyContent object at ...> >>> obj.text u'N/A' >>> obj = factory(text=u"This is as easy as it seems.") >>> obj <dolmen.content.MyContent object at ...> >>> obj.text u'This is as easy as it seems.'
The created content type has a basic security declaration. We can retrieve the value of the permission protecting the content type by using the require directive:
>>> dolmen.content.require.bind().get(obj) 'zope.ManageContent'
Please note that this security declaration is _not_ used anywhere in dolmen.content. It’s provided as a convenient way to declare a permission at the content type level. The factory does not check this permission. If you need a permission checker at the factory level, please provide your own factory : see the tests module, factory folder, for examples.
- Added util function to retrieve the schema from a component. This deals with the martian new handling of baseclasses. get_schema should return the schema directive default value, even if called on a baseclass that does not define schema.
This version is a major breakdown and is not backward compatible with the previous ones:
- BaseContent no longer exists. It has been merged with Content.
- The IBaseContent interface is gone.
- There are no longer any schema defined by default.
- dolmen.content contents no longer provide a dublincore title property and are no longer “attribute annotatable” by default.
- Fixed inheritance bug: the properties of the parent classes were overriden, if defined in the schema. This has been solved by deferring the schema treatment in the class advisor and by using ‘hasattr’ instead of checking the class __dict__.
- Cleaned up the ZCML declarations, to be sure it includes all the needed dependencies.
- Cleaned up dependencies. zope.formlib is no longer used.
- The code has been updated to work with the latest martian and grokcore.component.
- The __content_type__ property is now a unicode string. This will convert the given name to unicode or die trying.
- Added zope domain translation for the Title label of the IBaseContent interface.
- Default factory now provides a valid IFactory implementation. Added tests to fix that.
- Changed the policy of the __content_type__ attribute computation. Tests have been added to prevent any changes and regression.
- Added an util function to fetch the content type of an object or class.
- The IFactory interface now allows empty title and description, in accordance with the base value of the generic factory and directives.
- Factories now provide a name and a description, in addition to the title. These attributes, by default, fetch the generated class directives’ values.
- Updated tests and improved the coverage.
- The factories name attribute no longer returns a cooked i18n value, but the name directive’s value of the generated class. The form has to take care of its own title now.
- Corrected a very important bug in the models instanciation. The simple instanciation was causing an infinite loop due to imports having the same name than the module classes. This is fixed and tests have been added to test this simple case and avoid regression.
- Using the new grokcore.content package, allowing to cut the grok dependency.
- The BaseContent now sets a default require value at zope.ManageContent. This permission is _NOT_ used, it’s just a convenient directive to implement your own security check.
- Dependencies have been cut down. zope.app packages are no longer used. The tests module has been rewritten for a cleaner and clearer read.
- Directive icon has been removed. The functionality will be implemented in a standalone package. ATTENTION, this might break your existing code !
- Directive schema now works without grokking, using a zope.interface class advisor. This allows a flexible bootstrapping, even in non-grokked code.
- Using the last dolmen.field version with a bug fix.
- Added tests and cleaned the testing module.
- Added an OrderedContainer base class.
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size dolmen.content-0.7.1.tar.gz (18.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|