Ella is opensource CMS based on Django framework, designed for flexibility.
It is composed from several modules:
- Ella core is the main module which links the rest together. It
defines architecture on which other modules are built but doesn’t do
anything really usefull all alone.
- Ella core plugins are plugins that are shipped in one package
together with Ella. There are articles and positions which
we consider to be a basic toolbox for each Ella site.
- Other Ella plugins are standalone applications (and therfore
not shipped with the core) that provide some
specific functionality using Ella’s architecture. We can mention
polls, galleries, quizes and many more.
- Simple organization of content based on categories
- Efficent implementation of the published content
- In-build photo formating backend
- Django-admin ready
- Plugin system
- Well tested
- Proven in production environment
Currently, we released the 3.x version which features a major cleanup
of the code a removal of unneeded dependencies.
More news are on the way as we are going to make a nicely-tailored admin
specifically made for the need of news writers and editors.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.