A collectd plugin for monitoring AVM FRITZ!Box routers
A collectd plugin for monitoring AVM FRITZ!Box routers.
Data captured for the FRITZ!Box includes:
- Physical link status
- Connection status
- Online connection uptime
- Maximal bit rates
- Current bit rates
- Total bytes sent and received
- Total bytes send and received on LAN interface (requires authentication)
- Router uptime (requires authentication)
Data captured for connected FRITZ!DECT devices (requires authentication):
- Switch status
- Current power
- Energy consumption
- pip install fritzcollectd
- Configure the plugin as shown below
- Restart collectd
In order to be able to read the status information the option “Transmit status information over UPnP” has to be enabled in the “Network Settings” menu on the Fritz!BOX.
For reading values that are marked with requires authentication in the introduction section, the option “Allow access for applications” (also in “Network Settings”) has to be enabled as well. If desired a separate user account can be created for gathering statistics in “FRITZ!Box Users” in the “System” menu. The account needs to have the “FRITZ!Box Settings” permission.
Add the following to your collectd config (typically /etc/collectd.conf):
<LoadPlugin python> Globals true </LoadPlugin> ... <Plugin python> Import "fritzcollectd" #<Module fritzcollectd> # Address "fritz.box" # Port 49000 # User "dslf-config" # Password "pass" # Hostname "FritzBox" # Instance "1" # Verbose "False" #</Module> </Plugin>
The plugin recognizes several (optional) configuration parameters. In most cases the plugin works without any of these parameters. It might be necessary to specify Address if the router’s host name has been changed. The values in the introduction section that are marked with requires authentication can only be queried if the router’s Password has been configured (see also the prerequisites section).
- Address: The network address of the FRITZ!Box.
- Port: The TCP port of the FRITZ!Box.
- User: The login user name on the FRITZ!Box.
- Password: The password on the FRITZ!Box for authentication.
- Instance: Plugin instance that collectd associates with the data.
- Hostname: Hostname that collectd associates with the data (defaults to the host executing this plugin)
- Verbose: Enable verbose logging to ease debugging.
The module block can be repeated to monitor multiple routers.
This projected is licensed under the terms of the MIT license.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size fritzcollectd-0.7.0.tar.gz (12.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|