OpenStack quickstart via CentOS-based Vagrant environment
A little project to quickly set up all-in-one OpenStack using Vagrant
The Vagrantfile provided in this project will download and launch a CentOS 7 Vagrant Box, install RDO, and provide you an environment to follow along with in the original Getting Started With OpenStack video. These are the same (updated) materials used to present that session.
Your machine must meet a minimum set of requirements to successfully run an all-in-one OpenStack installation. At a minimum you need:
- A compatible hypervisor.
- Linux: KVM, Virtual Box.
- OS X: VMware Fusion, Virtual Box.
- Windows: VMWare Workstation, Virtual Box.
- Vagrant to control your hypervisor, along with supported provider.
- At least 8 GB of RAM to support a 6 GB virtual machine.
- 12 GB or more to support an 8 GB virtual machine is highly recommended.
- Install Vagrant from: https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/installation/
- Download this repository: git clone https://github.com/hogepodge/getting-started-with-openstack
- Start the virtual machine and install OpenStack: $ cd getting-started-with-openstack; vagrant up
- Wait for the machine startup and installation to complete, it will take some time.
Pausing the Installation
To suspend your installation you can use: $ vagrant halt
To resume it:$ vagrant up
If you have trouble, please file a issue or pull request and we’ll help you out as quickly as possible.
If your vagrant environment fails for any reason, you can start off with a clean slate by destroying the VM: $vagrant destroy -f
Then beginning the process again with $vagrant up.
Thanks to Dan Radez for the initial content, and to both him and Kenneth Hui for the introductory presentation at the Austin OpenStack Summit.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size getting-started-with-openstack-0.0.1.dev9.tar.gz (18.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for getting-started-with-openstack-0.0.1.dev9.tar.gz