a user-friendly and fast Teradata client for Python
Giraffez is a client library for Teradata, made to be fast and user-friendly. It shares many features with the official Teradata tools, but makes them available in an easy-to-use command-line interface and Python API.
- Command-line tool
- Python API - expressive, powerful, and great for working with other packages (e.g. pandas)
- Execute SQL statements using the Teradata CLIv2 library – performing ad hoc queries and commands
- Insert into existing Teradata tables using the CLIv2 drivers
- Archive Teradata tables to save space. These can easily be transformed to flatfiles or loaded back into Teradata
- BulkExport from Teradata to a flatfile or archival format, retaining data type information
- BulkLoad into existing Teradata tables using the Teradata PT Update (MLOAD)
- Config - manage connection information and credentials securely using the giraffez config and giraffez secret commands
- Interactive shell for executing Teradata queries – much like BTEQ, but with a friendly interface
- Run job files in YAML format
$ pip install giraffez
See the setup instructions for requirements and details on how to configure your environment.
We welcome Your interest in Capital One’s Open Source Projects (the “Project”). Any Contributor to the Project must accept and sign an Agreement indicating agreement to the license terms below. Except for the license granted in this Agreement to Capital One and to recipients of software distributed by Capital One, You reserve all right, title, and interest in and to Your Contributions; this Agreement does not impact Your rights to use Your own Contributions for any other purpose
Code of Conduct
This project adheres to the Open Code of Conduct By participating, you are expected to honor this code.
Teradata is a registered trademark of Teradata Corporation
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.