A Django application that contains a widget to render a form field as a TinyMCE editor.
gu-django-tinymce is a Django application that contains a widget to render a form field as a TinyMCE editor.
$ pip install gu-django-tinymce
Add tinymce to INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py for your project:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( ... 'tinymce', )
Add tinymce.urls to urls.py for your project:
urlpatterns = [ ... url(r'^tinymce/', include('tinymce.urls')), ]
In your code:
from django.db import models from tinymce.models import HTMLField class MyModel(models.Model): ... content = HTMLField()
django-tinymce uses staticfiles so everything should work as expected, different use cases (like using widget instead of HTMLField) and other stuff is available in documentation.
Latest release is 2.4.0. It’s support python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5 and Django >= 1.6. Previous releases can be found on github, but they are no longer maintained.
Support and updates
Use github issues https://github.com/aljosa/django-tinymce/issues
Originally written by Joost Cassee.
This program is licensed under the MIT License (see LICENSE.txt)
This document describes changes between each past release.
- Avoid deprecation warning with django.core.urlresolvers (#188)
- Fixed a client-side validation issue when the TinyMCE widget has the HTML required attribute set (#187).
- Fixed a crash when no languages are activated (#175).
- Added compatibility for Django 1.11.
- Dropped support for Django 1.6.
- Added compatibility for Django 1.10.
- Fix JQuery Problem with grappelli
- Fix Python 3 compatibility (#170)
- Improve documentation (#163, #171)
- Cleaned Imports (#182)
- Fix TinyMCE Widget for ModelTranslation tabs (#174)
- Fix JSON mimetype (#186)
- Added tests (#149)
- Improved Python3 support
- TinyMCE compressor now use staticfiles to get the file content (and to find files that are in multiple static directory.) (#142)
- Rewrite URL files to let it works with Django 1.9 (#147, #148)
- Add a CONTRIBUTORS file.
- Make sure jQuery is loaded both in the admin and for non-admin forms. (#141)
- Use static finders for development mode. (#131)
- Fix non-admin jQuery.
- Handle non-admin jQuery. (#108)
- Add Python3 support.
- Fix missing CHANGELOG.
- Starts supporting Django 1.8
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|gu_django_tinymce-2.6.1-py2.7.egg (4.0 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7||Sep 15, 2017|
|gu_django_tinymce-2.6.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (4.2 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7||Sep 15, 2017|
|gu-django-tinymce-2.6.1.tar.gz (2.5 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 15, 2017|