the first third-party instant messaging client for Google Hangouts
hangups is the first third-party instant messaging client for Google Hangouts. It includes both a Python library and a reference client with a text-based user interface.
Unlike its predecessor Google Talk, Hangouts uses a proprietary, non-interoperable protocol. hangups is implemented by reverse-engineering this protocol, which allows it to support features like group messaging that aren’t available in clients that connect via XMPP.
hangups is still in an early stage of development. The reference client is usable for basic chatting, but the API is undocumented and subject to change. Bug reports and pull requests are welcome!
See the documentation for installation and usage instructions.
Projects using hangups
- HangupsBot: Bot for Google Hangouts
- Hubot Hangouts Adapter: Hubot adapter using hangups
- QHangups: Alternative client for Google Hangouts written in PyQt
- Ubuntu Hangups: Unofficial Google Hangouts client for Ubuntu Touch
- bastardbot: A bot to follow and interact with Google Hangouts conversations
- hangoutsbot/hangoutsbot: Google Hangouts bot
- hangups.el: Hangouts interface for Emacs
- pickups: IRC gateway for hangups (prototype)
- telepathy-hangups: Telepathy bindings for Google Chat via hangups library
- wardellchandler/HangoutsBot: Python 3 Bot for Hangouts
- jabber-hangouts-transport: A Jabber/XMPP transport/gateway to Hangouts.
- ovkulkarni/hangoutsbot: Google Hangouts Bot using SQL
- defund/pearl: Google Hangouts bot framework
- HangupsDroid: Unofficial Google Hangouts client for Android
- chat-archive: Easy to use offline chat archive
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size hangups-0.4.10.tar.gz (95.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|