A helga command to generate either haiku or tanka poems. All five or seven syllable lines are user
generated and stored using this plugin. Usage:
helga (haiku|tanka) [blame|tweet|about <term>|by <nick>|(add|add_use|use|remove|claim) (fives|sevens) (INPUT ...)].
Without any arguments helga haiku or helga tanka will produce a randomly generated haiku or
tanka from stored five or seven syllable lines respectively. Each subcommand acts as follows:
- Get a list of the nicks of the users that authored the lines of a generated haiku
- about <term>
- Generate a haiku or tanka using a given term. This term supports any valid regular expression.
For example, !haiku about foo will search for lines containing ‘foo’, but !haiku about foo$
will only return lines that end with foo
- by <nick>
- Generate a haiku or tanka with lines by the given nick. If not enough lines exist for this nick,
then lines are selected at random
- add (fives|sevens) (INPUT ...)
- Add a five or seven syllable line to the database but do not generate a poem
- add_use (fives|sevens) (INPUT ...)
- Add a five or seven syllable line to the database and then generate and return a poem containing
- use (fives|sevens) (INPUT ...)
- Generate a poem containing the given five or seven syllable line, but do not store it for future poems
- claim (fives|sevens) (INPUT ...)
- Allows the requesting user to claim authorship of a given five or seven syllable line
A bit of an undocumented feature, but poems can be tweeted to some Twitter account. For example, generating
a poem with !haiku followed by !haiku tweet. This requires some additional settings:
This plugin requires database access
Copyright (c) 2015 Shaun Duncan
Licensed under an MIT license.
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.