An extendable static blog generator powered by the Force. =/
Holocron is an extendable static blog generator powered by the Force. Like others, it reads text files in various formats, renders them using templates and produces a ready-to-publish static website which could be served by Nginx or another web server. Unlike others, it tries to retrieve as many information as possible from the filesystem. Its core follows the KISS principle and any wheel reinventions were avoided during the process.
Feel the Force? Then use Holocron!
$ [sudo] pip3 install holocron
Here is an incomplete list of features:
- Supports Markdown, reStructuredText & code syntax highlighting.
- Provides simple & powerful plugin system.
- Supports third-party themes via Jinja2 templates.
- Generates both Atom feed and sitemap.xml.
- Has clear and 100% mobile responsive default theme.
- Supports Google Analytics & Yandex.Metrika counters.
- Has SEO friendly URLs.
- Provides a debug server to preview content.
Check out Holocron’s documentation for further information - https://holocron.readthedocs.org/.
Why The Name Holocron?
Holocron (short for holographic chronicle) is a device in which Jedi stored different data. In most cases, they used it as diary.