Read/write vocabularies in IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange format.
API to access and modify XML files in the IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange format:
The IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange (VDEX) specification defines a grammar for the exchange of value lists of various classes: collections often denoted "vocabulary". Specifically, VDEX defines a grammar for the exchange of simple machine-readable lists of values, or terms, together with information that may aid a human being in understanding the meaning or applicability of the various terms. VDEX may be used to express valid data for use in instances of IEEE LOM, IMS Metadata, IMS Learner Information Package and ADL SCORM, etc, for example. In these cases, the terms are often not human language words or phrases but more abstract tokens. VDEX can also express strictly hierarchical schemes in a compact manner while allowing for more loose networks of relationship to be expressed if required.
|[CITVDEXSITE]||citation from IMS Global, the VDEX-specification-page|
This module takes the VDEX-XML objects and offers an API to them.
VDEX Version 1 Final Specification is supported, except VDEX references.
- Python 3 support. [ale-rt, reinhardt, thet]
- Add tox/travis testing environment. [thet]
- Cleanup/Blacken codebase. [thet]
- Use lxml instead of elementtree [tomgross]
- Adding posibility to generate vdex from a twodimension matrix, and corresponding export functionality. WARNING: The constructor arguments changed. Please update accordingly [do3cc]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.