A simple, ajax based bannerrotation viewlet for plone
inqbus.bannerrotation simple, ajax based bannerrotation viewlet for plone. It uses the jQuery Cycle Plugin and its original implementation can be found here: http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/
The Viewlet automaticly take the images out of a predefined folder (Default: banners). This have the benifit to define several bannerrotations for several parts of the website. Just add another banners folder at the possition you want. It automaticly takes the next bannersfolder, he find upwards the way to plonesites root folder.
Installing without buildout
Install this package in either your system path packages or in the lib/python directory of your Zope instance. You can do this using either easy_install or via the setup.py script.
Installing with buildout
If you are using buildout_, just add it to your eggs and your zcml in the instance part:
[instance] eggs = inqbus.bannerrotation ... zcml = inqbus.bannerrotation
inqbus.bannerrotation use a z3c.form view for the configlet. To make sure you get the right versions, you might want to add the following into your buildout.cfg to:
[buildout] ... extentds = ... http://good-py.appspot.com/release/plone.app.z3cform/0.5.0
Now, just run ‘’bin/buildout’’ in your instance rootfolder to get the package and all of it dependencies. You can now install it via the quickinstaller.
At the moment, there are two ways to configure the viewlet. The first and more comfortable way is to go to plone control_panel and choose ‘Bannerrotation Viewlet’. The other way to configure it is via a propertysheet, which can be found in the ‘’Zope Management Interface’’ under ‘portal_properties’ > ‘bannerrotation_properties’.
You are able to edit the following parameter:
- Specify the effect while changing the image. There are 28 possible values. (Default: fade)
- Specify the time between the imagechanges in milliseconds. (Default: 6000)
- Specify the animationspeed in milliseconds. (Default: 1000)
- Enable or disable the bannerrotation (Default: True)
- Enable or disable randomization of the images. (Default: False)
The following option is only editable via ZMI:
- Define the id of the folder, that should be taken as sourcefolder. (Default: banners ~ this folder is automaticly created )
Copyright and Credits
jQuery Cycle is developed and maintained by M. Alsup and is dual-licensed under MIT and GPL: http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/
The Author of inqbus.bannerrotation: Max Brauer (email@example.com)
Maintainer: Thomas Massmann, Maik Derstappen
- added Package Description
- fixed some install_requires
- Initial release