Zope/Twisted integration for jarn.xmpp packages
jarn.xmpp.twisted provides a basis for building XMPP applications with Plone.
In short, jarn.xmpp.twisted includes:
- Extensions to the wokkel package by implementing parts of the following XMPP extensions:
- A Twisted reactor that runs side-by-side with the Zope instance.
- Utilities that provide XMPP clients of two sorts, a deferred client that initially connects, executes a task and disconnects as soon as it is done, as well as a normal client that remains connected and can respond to XMPP events.
- An XMPP component base class for writing custom components.
jarn.xmpp.twisted is part of a suite, with the other packages being:
jarn.xmpp.twisted requires a working XMPP server installation. Please refer to the jarn.xmpp.core documentation on how to set it up.
Some of the included tests are functional tests that require a XMPP server running on localhost as well as an administrator account setup up on this server with JID admin@localhost and password admin. If you wish to run those you have to specify a level 2 on your testrunner, i.e.
./bin/test -a 2 -s jarn.xmpp.twisted
- Most of this work was done using the 10% time available to Jarn AS employees for the development of open-source projects.
- Stop reactor on system exit. [hannosch, ggozad]
- Allow HTTPS connections for http-binding. [hannosch]
0.1a3 - 2010-06-06
- Run tests requiring the EJABBERD layer only when level 2 is specified on the testrunner. [ggozad]
- Fix deferred client to work with remote server. [ggozad]
0.1a2 - 2010-05-11
- Made a release of wokkel at http://dist.jarn.com/public, until wokkel > 0.6.4 is released. [ggozad]
0.1a1 - 2010-05-09
- Initial release. [ggozad]